HomeArticlesSamsung Galaxy S23 Ultra may have a 200MP ISOCELL HP3 camera sensor:...

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra may have a 200MP ISOCELL HP3 camera sensor: Report

Last September, Samsung unveiled its 200-megapixel ISOCELL H1 sensor. According to a recent report, a 200-megapixel upgraded sensor known as ISOCELL H3 (developed by Samsung Electronics mobile division, Samsung Electro-Mechanics) is completed. It will be featured in the company’s next flagship smartphone.

The new sensor could be included in the Samsung Galaxy S23 series, which is the successor to the Galaxy S22 line. It is believed that the new sensor will be an upgraded version of the ISOCELL HP1 and use a new pixel-binning technique to achieve a maximum image resolution of over 200 megapixels.

According to South Korean publication ETNews, Samsung is working on an updated version 200-megapixel sensor called ISOCELL HP3. Samsung Electronics handles 30% of manufacturing while Electro-Mechanics manages the remaining 70%. The new 200-megapixel Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra camera is expected to be included on the Galaxy S23 Ultra in 2023.

At this time, the specifications of the Samsung ISOCELL HP3 sensors are not known. The sensor will be 200-megapixels and is one of the most potent sensors in any smartphone. The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and Galaxy S20 models currently have high-resolution rear camera module modules with 108-megapixel sensors.

The Samsung ISOCELL HP3 will likely have many similarities to its predecessor, the ISOCELL HP1. The pixel size is 0.64 microns. It also features the Samsung ISOCELL HP3’s predecessor, the ISOCELL HP1. Samsung ISOCELL HP1 claims to be capable of capturing 8K videos at 30 frames per second (fps) with minimal loss in field-of-view.

If this information is accurate, the Samsung Galaxy S23 will not be the first smartphone with a 200-megapixel camera. The 200-megapixel Samsung ISOCELL H1 sensor is expected to be featured in Motorola’s forthcoming Motorola Frontier, and Xiaomi is also expected to launch its first 200-megapixel camera smartphone in the second half of 2022.

Must Read

spot_img